Main image courtesy of L’Oreal Paris.
You’ve probably seen CBD added to topicals such as lotions, creams, and balms, as well as included with ingestibles such as gummies and mints. CBD products seem to be popping up all over the place, and are helping people find relief from pain, anxiety, and allowing them to get better sleep at night. Did you know that CBD oil is also making its way into products designed to give you healthy, glowing skin? That’s right, facial oils and moisturizers with CBD oil are proving to be very popular, but how exactly do you incorporate it properly into your daily routine?
For this post, we’re going to dig a little deeper into:
- Why you might want to use CBD oil on your face
- The benefits of CBD oil on your face
- How you can use CBD oil on your face
- Best ways to incorporate CBD oil into your daily routine
Can You Use CBD Oil on Your Face?
Is CBD oil safe to use on your facial skin?
You’ve probably seen (and perhaps even tried) CBD topicals before. They include products designed to be applied to muscles or joints that are sore or painful such as balms, creams, and roll ons. Because you’re applying the CBD product directly to your skin, the CBD is able to work directly with your body’s endocannabinoid receptors in that area bringing you relief from pain and inflammation. However, those same anti-inflammatory properties that work to relieve pain in aching muscles and joints can also be beneficial to your facial skin.
By making CBD oil a part of your daily facial skincare routine, you can use it to help get healthier, smoother looking skin. How does CBD help the skin of your face look and feel its best? When it is mixed with a carrier oil (such as coconut, olive, argan, or shea butter) you can apply it directly to your face. Like other CBD topicals, the CBD oil is then absorbed into your facial skin, where it can get to work reducing any inflammation and decreasing fine lines and wrinkles in the skin. Many people have inflammation issues on their facial skin such as acne, rosacea, or other irritations, that can be soothed by applying a CBD face oil.
If you’re dealing with any of these inflammation issues on your facial skin and have not been able to find relief, consider trying out a CBD face oil. In addition to the benefits of the CBD, the carrier oils used are very moisturizing and can help keep facial skin hydrated and appear more radiant. CBD face oil is safe to use daily, and could be the missing step in your skincare routine!
Benefits of Using CBD Oil on Your Face
Top reasons why a CBD facial oil is a great product to include in your skincare routine
If you feel like you’re not seeing results from your current facial skincare routine--whether you need help with reducing inflammation or want to decrease the appearance of wrinkles--consider trying out a CBD face oil. There are many benefits to including this product in your daily regimen such as:
- Improving acne prone skin. Although many people experience acne in their teenage years, that doesn’t mean it’s the only time this condition appears! No one wants to have to deal with this issue continually, but if you find that your skin is prone to acne breakouts, using a CBD oil might be able to give your skin some relief. CBD not only works to reduce inflammation and redness associated with acne, but it may be able to decrease excess sebum production in your skin. CBD oil will work to soothe skin that has been irritated by acne, and help it start to heal.
- Reducing the effects of aging. As we age, our skin begins to show signs of fine lines and wrinkles, causing it to appear less hydrated. While this is all a part of the normal aging process, by adding a CBD face oil to your skincare routine, you may be able to slow down the visible signs of aging. In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD is also a great antioxidant that works to lessen the damages that free radicals can have on your facial skin.
- Soothing sensitive skin. Many products that claim to help with skin inflammations or reduce the signs of aging are not kind to sensitive skin--causing further discomfort and irritation. With a CBD face oil, you won’t need to worry about this. CBD oil is very soothing to all skin types--including sensitive skin--and can work to calm the skin as it keeps it moisturized and hydrated. It’s the best of both worlds!
How to Use CBD Oil on Your Face
An easy way to get hydrated and smooth skin
CBD oil for your face is a great way to keep your skin looking its best--plus it’s very easy to include in your routine. Whether you’re using your CBD oil to help reduce inflammation, moisturize your facial skin, or reduce the effects of aging, you want to at least apply your oil once per day. Depending on your skin’s needs, you may want to start using it two times per day, and include it in both your morning skincare routine and your nighttime one. Regardless if you’re using it once or twice per day, you’ll want to apply it the same way.
After you cleanse your face (and after applying toner if that’s a part of your routine), administer a few drops onto your hands and rub gently. Then apply it to your face and neck and allow the oil to absorb into your skin. If you have any other creams, moisturizers, or sunscreens that you typically apply after, go ahead and apply them. Then feel free to go about the rest of your morning (or nighttime) routine! With consistent use you’ll start to see a difference in the overall appearance of your skin--with less irritation and a more hydrated, supple feel
Daily CBD Oil to Add to Your Routine
Best CBD face oil to include in your skincare regimen
As you can see, using a CBD face oil might be the best way for you to moisturize your skin and reduce the visible signs of aging. One of our favorite oils is the Seventh Sense Secret Glow Neutral Chamomile Green Tea. Made with 100mg of hemp-derived CBD along with rosehip oil to reduce wrinkles, ylang ylang to decrease irritation, and argan oil to hydrate and lock in moisture--this could be your new go-to facial care favorite. Just apply to your face and neck after cleansing for a hydrated, radiant glow. We recommend using this face oil after the Foaming Face Wash to complete your glowing skincare routine.
CBD face oils can really elevate your skin to the next level, locking in moisture, soothing it, and working to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It’s a great product to include daily, with many benefits that are sure to please!