Last Modified: October 12, 2020
Seventh Sense (“we”, “our”, “us”) works to maintain a high standard of data privacy in accordance with your data protection rights under applicable law. The protection and proper use of the personal information that you entrust to us is a responsibility we take seriously. This privacy notice explains what personal information we may collect through https://shopseventhsense.com (“Site”), how we may use it, and the rights that you have concerning that data (“Privacy Notice”).
What Categories of Personal Information Do We Collect, and How Do We Obtain the Personal Information?
We collect certain information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a consumer or household (“Personal Information”). Personal information does not include de-identified or aggregated consumer information. We may collect the following types of information:
- •Identifiers: such as name, phone numbers, postal address, and email address. We collect this information when you purchase something from the store or otherwise interact with our Site or the Services. We automatically receive your computer’s IP address when you browse our Site. We also may receive this information from our service providers and marketing partners.
- •Commercial information: including products or services purchased, or other purchasing or consumer histories or tendencies.
- •Internet or other electronic network activity information: including browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Site such as device information and identifiers, IP address, click path data, and search terms used. You provide this information to us or it is obtained automatically through your interaction with our products or services. We also may receive information from third parties that provide website analytics and customer traffic patterns via web beacons, cookies, or other tracking mechanisms. For more information about cookies, please see below.
- •Geolocation data: is gathered when users interact with our website as IP addresses are obtained when during such interaction, and IP addresses provide information about users’ approximate location
- •Financial information: such as your credit or debit card number that you provide when you purchase products or services from us.
What is Our Business or Commercial Purpose for Collection Your Personal Information, and With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- •Identifiers: We may use your identifiers: (1) for internal record keeping; (2) to send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting; (3) to contact you for market research purposes; (4) to provide customer services, including contacting you about the status of your order(s), including order and shipping confirmations. We may share this information with service providers to assist in sending emails. We also may use this information to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity. We may share this information with service providers for assistance with providing our Site and the Services, fraud protection, advertising networks, and data analytics providers.
- •Commercial information: We may use this information to perform marketing or data-related research, to help us improve our Site and Services, and to process your payments for Services. We may share this information with service providers for assistance with providing our Site and the Services, advertising networks and data analytics providers.
In addition, where consistent with appropriate laws and regulations, we may disclose Personal Information if such disclosure is:
- •necessary to prepare, negotiate or perform a contract with you;
- •needed to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or otherwise required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- •necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- •part of a corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger or divestiture; or
- •necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on our information technology systems.
Except as described in this Privacy Notice, we will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We also have not and will not sell the Personal Information of minors under 18 years of age to non-affiliated third parties. We take reasonable steps to ensure that companies with which we share your Personal Information are contractually obligated to keep the Personal Information that we provide to them confidential and to use such information only as we permit.
Information about Cookies
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer. Once established, the cookie helps analyze web traffic on our Site. Cookies allow web applications to tailor operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies allow us to keep track of items in shopping carts, monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, monitor total traffic, Site visits, pages viewed and enhance or speed up navigation. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Site in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information. Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions. If you decline or disable cookies, please note that certain functionalities of our Site may no longer work.
Our Site may include social media “widgets,” small icons that allow you to access our content posted on social media sites (Facebook and Instagram).
If you are logged into your account on these social media platforms, your access to our social media pages and our Sites may be linked to your account.
When you interact with Us or the Site through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Site), we may collect the Personal Information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service may share certain information about you and your activities.
If you contact us via social media, you authorize us to share information with your social media account provider, and you understand that the use of the information we share will be governed by the social media site’s privacy notice. Your interactions with our business pages on these social media platforms is governed by the privacy practices of these platforms.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Service Providers
We engage third party vendors to help provide the Services and Site to you, our third party vendor’s data collection and services are governed by its privacy policies.
Our Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Children Under the Age of 18
We do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Our Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 18, and no one under the age of 18 may provide information on the website.
We use a variety of security measures including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security software encryption for all personal customer information. While no company can guarantee your information (including your Personal Information) will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use controls that are consistent with industry standard retail practices in an attempt to mitigate such risks in today's online environment.
Rights and Choices of California Customers
We give you certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for promotional purposes. You may opt-out from receiving electronic communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer want to receive promotional-related emails from us, you may opt-out according to instructions in such communications. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages, we may still send you important administrative messages.
To the extent the rights are provided to you by applicable law, if you would like to request to review, correct, update, or delete Personal Information that you previously have provided to us, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Data Subjects in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
For international users, please note that it may be necessary to transfer your information internationally and, in particular, your information may be transferred to and processed in the United States. It is important to know that data protection laws in some jurisdictions may not be as strong as those in your country. If applicable, you may have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of relevant data protection laws. By using the Site, you agree to have your information used and transferred to the United States as set forth in this Privacy Notice. To ensure the continued protection of your Personal Information while in our care, we take appropriate organizational and technical measures.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make material changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.