Main image courtesy of Seventh Sense.
These days, everyone deserves a little extra self care. Whether that’s taking some time to get out of the house and go for a walk, reading a few chapters of your book, or indulging in a soothing bath. No matter what your favorite way to relax is, if you’re a fan of soaks in the tub, chances are you’ve tried a bath bomb or two. But have you ever tried one with the calming effects of CBD added to it? Maybe you’re curious to know whether or not CBD bath bombs are better than ordinary ones before you try them. Well, you’ve come to the right place, because the reviews are in, and in this article we’re going to delve a little deeper into:
- What CBD bath bombs are
- What the reviews say about CBD bath bombs
- How you can incorporate CBD bath bombs into your wellness routine
- Our recommended CBD bath bomb
What Are CBD Bath Bombs?
Taking a closer look at why you’d add CBD to a bath bomb
If you’re someone who just can’t resist a relaxing and rejuvenating soak in the bath, then you’ve probably heard about (or even tried) a bath bomb. They seem to have come out of nowhere, when all of the sudden social media was filled with prepared bath scenes complete with colorful bath water that many of us would love to step into! Regardless if you’ve tried out a bath bomb or not, it helps to know what’s inside those fizzing spheres--because it’s actually quite simple. Bath bombs are a mixture of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and citric acid, that once thrown into water, mix together to create that delightful fizz. They’re single use items, and although the sphere is arguably the most popular shape, they can really come in all shapes and sizes.
In addition to those two basic ingredients (plus your bath water) bath bombs can contain a variety of different scents, colors, and oils designed to enhance your bathing experience. Everything from lavender oils to relax, to flower petals to create a spa scene, and even oatmeal to soothe skin can be included inside these bombs. In addition to these wonderful skin soothers, soaking in the sodium bicarbonate is also great for removing toxins from the skin and giving it a renewed glow.
But in addition to these helpful ingredients, you can also include CBD in a bath bomb as well. CBD oil can be added to bath bombs, and honestly, we think it really gives a little something extra to your relaxation time. CBD is known to have calming, and soothing effects. This occurs on two levels--it soothes your skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties, but it also works to soothe and relax your mind through your body’s endocannabinoid system. As your skin soaks up the CBD and other calming ingredients, the CBD works with your body’s receptors to relax and destress the mind.
Using a CBD bath bomb is not only a great way to relax, but it can also help if you find yourself in need of assistance from anxiety, or have trouble sleeping at night. Taking a calming bath is a simple way to help your body wind down, and quiet the mind. Can you think of a better way to indulge in a little “me time?”
Using CBD in a bath bomb is also a great way to help relieve sore muscles and joints. After a soak in the CBD-infused water, you’ll be able to decrease the amount of pain you feel since CBD is not only an anti-inflammatory, but it has analgesic properties as well.
What Do the Reviews Say About CBD Bath Bombs?
Are CBD bath bombs better than ordinary bath bombs?
Although we’ve got nothing against regular bath bombs, the reviews across the internet seem to favor bath bombs that include CBD. After all, what’s not to like about CBD bath bombs? Some of their benefits include:
- Soothing to your skin. While regular bath bombs include gentle and hydrating essential oils, bath bombs with CBD go the extra mile. CBD is a great way to soothe irritated or dry skin, leaving you with noticeably smoother and moisturized skin all over.
- Relieves sore muscles. If you’re experiencing some aches and pains, a hot bath to soak in is always a good idea. It never hurts to add a little something extra with the pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD. Let your muscles relax in the CBD-infused water and feel the pain and soreness from joints and muscles just slip away.
- Helps relax mind and body. Some essential oils such as lavender, tea tree, and chamomile are great for helping you relax. But when you pair oils such as that with the calming properties of CBD, you get a whole other experience! Take some time to soak in a warm bath and allow the calming and relaxing effects of CBD help quiet your busy mind. You can even use one before bed to help prepare for a restful night of sleep!
- Nourishing both inside and out. Regular bath bombs are great for helping you wind down, but bath bombs with CBD work to help calm and nourish your skin, while also working with your body to reduce anxiety and painful muscles and joints.
If you have the choice between a regular bath bomb and one with the calming effects of CBD included, why not choose the one that can benefit you the most!
What Can You Use CBD Bath Bombs For?
Best times to enjoy a CBD bath bomb
You can use a CBD bath bomb anytime you need a little extra relaxation time. Whether it’s after a long day of work, after a stressful week, or when you just need a little break. They’re super easy to use, all you need to do is turn the water on to fill your bathtub with warm water and drop the bath bomb right in. You can add it as the tub fills, or when it’s complete--either way prepare to enjoy the fizz and aroma of your CBD bath bomb.
Enjoying a warm soak is also a good idea when you’ve got some sore muscles or joints that you just can’t seem to find relief from. Why not knock out two things at once, both your pain and the stress it can cause in your life? Just drop a CBD bath bomb into the tub, and watch the pain wash away--along with your stress! The soothing CBD and other ingredients will help you feel better, both inside and out.
Our Recommended CBD Bath Bomb
Enjoy this CBD bath bomb in your next soak
Ramp up your self care routine with Seventh Sense’s Citrus Blossom Bath Bomb, made with 100mg of hemp-derived CBD and moisturizing sunflower seed oil to help your skin keep its healthy glow. Add this bath bomb to your bath and as it slowly dissolves, you’ll be treated to the wonderful aroma of fresh citrus blossoms. Relax as the CBD and other nourishing ingredients treat your skin, help with pain, and allow your mind to unwind.
We think after trying out a CBD bath bomb, you won’t want to go back to regular ones anytime soon. So go ahead and indulge in a little extra self care, because after all you definitely deserve it!