Main image courtesy of Old Time Candy.
No one wants to be caught with less than fresh breath, which is why so many people make it a point to have access to mints or gum throughout the day. Who doesn’t love the burst of minty goodness as soon as you place the mint in your mouth--it’s like a literal breath of fresh (minty) air! But did you know that mints can also include the benefits of CBD? That’s right, in addition to gummies and gum, CBD mints are proving to be a popular ingestible if you’re looking to calm your mood or find some relief from aches and pains. If you’d like to learn more about how (and why) you should include CBD mints in your wellness routine, keep reading because we’re going to discuss:
- The benefits of CBD mints
- When to use CBD mints
- How CBD mints compare to other ingestibles
- How to incorporate CBD mints into your wellness routine
What Are the Benefits of CBD Mints?
CBD mints can be a welcome addition to your lifestyle
CBD mints are similar to the mints we all know and love, but with CBD oil added to them. This makes them a great option for those who want to enjoy the benefits of hemp-derived CBD without the hempy flavor. They’re very easy to include in your lifestyle--and may even replace the mints you’re already using to freshen your breath! CBD mints have many benefits including:
- Pre-measured doses. One of the best qualities of ingestibles is that they’re pre-measured, so you always know the amount of CBD in each mint. For example, if your packet of mints contains a total of 60mg of CBD and there are six mints in each package, you know that each mint you take has 10mg of CBD.
- Minty taste. Whether you prefer peppermint or can’t get enough of spearmint (and any minty combination in between), then CBD mints are for you. It’s a tasty way to make CBD a part of your lifestyle--not only can it help balance your mood or help reduce pain and inflammation--but it may just freshen your breath as well.
- Longer lasting. Ingestibles are known to last longer than other consumption methods, such as tinctures or topicals. This is due to the fact that they first must travel through the digestive system before they reach your bloodstream. So while it may take longer to feel the beneficial effects of ingestibles like CBD mints, you may find yourself enjoying those benefits for longer amounts of time.
- Can help with anxiety, pain, or winding down before sleep. Regardless of why you’re interested in using CBD--whether it’s to help with anxiety, create more calm, help you wind down at night, or even reduce pain in muscles or joints--CBD mints are an easy and discreet way to do that.
When Do You Take CBD Mints?
Know when it’s best to take your CBD mints
When you take your CBD mints will largely depend on what benefits you’re looking to get out of them. Because CBD is known to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, many people use CBD ingestibles to help reduce pain throughout their body. When you take a CBD ingestible, it will eventually enter your bloodstream, and go to work with your body’s own endocannabinoid system. This can not only help with muscle and joint aches and pains, but can contribute to an overall sense of better well-being. Because it can take 30 minutes to an hour to reach your bloodstream, if you’re using a CBD mint to help with pain, we suggest making it a part of your morning routine. That way, the CBD has a chance to help ease pain throughout your day, but still allow you to take more as needed.
If you’d like to foster a greater sense of calm or soothe your anxiety, you can use CBD mints for that as well. Because they reach your bloodstream and interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system, CBD mints can help quiet a racing mind, reduce stressful sensations, and encourage a more relaxed state. Using these mints daily (or almost daily) may help center and relax you, so you can focus on getting back to your day.
CBD mints can also be used to help slow the mind down as you prepare to wind down for sleep. Just make sure to take them as you’re getting ready for bed, so that there is enough time for the CBD to calm you and help you drift off to restful sleep.
Are CBD Mints Better Than Other CBD Ingestibles?
How do you know which ingestible is best?
CBD mints are a convenient and discreet option for finding relief from pain, winding down at night, or to help balance your mood. Because CBD reacts differently with every body, you should experiment with what kind of ingestible works best for you and your lifestyle. Gummies and gum are also great ways to include CBD in your daily routine, but you may find you like the taste or the texture of a CBD mint better. It’s just a matter of personal preference, and one ingestible isn’t better than another, it’s all about which one you prefer!
With any CBD product we recommend starting low and going slow, and this includes mints too. Start off with one mint (they typically come in 5-10mg of CBD per piece) and give the CBD time to work into your bloodstream. If you find that it’s given you the relief you need, that’s great! If not, you can always take an additional mint to help you get the results you’re looking for.
How to Incorporate CBD Mints into Your Wellness Routine
You can easily include CBD mints in your everyday wellness routine
CBD mints are easy to include in your wellness routine, and once you start to notice the benefits, you won’t leave home without them! These convenient and discreet mints fit into any purse or bag, making them ideal to take whenever and where you want to. But they also fit nicely into any medicine cabinet, making them easy to reach for--day or night. If you’re taking CBD mints for pain relief or to help calm anxiety, consider taking a dose in the morning. Whether that’s one or two mints will depend on you, the reason you’re taking CBD mints, and how your body responds to it. A dose that works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for someone else. You can always take an additional mint if you feel you’re not getting the relief you need.
If you choose to take your CBD mints at night to help get more restful sleep you just want to make sure that you give enough time in between when you take them, and when you’d like to be in bed. You’ve got to give the CBD a chance to get into your bloodstream and help wind your mind and body down!
If you’d like to try out a CBD mint, we recommend you pick up Seventh Sense’s Bliss CBD Mints in Peppermint. Each mint includes 10mg of hemp-derived CBD and a refreshing peppermint taste. It’s an easy to consume treat that is sure to bring you the relief you need.
CBD mints are a convenient and tasty ingestible that you can easily make a part of your daily routine. CBD mints combine the benefits of CBD with the tasty flavor of mint, sure to make them your new go-to CBD ingestible.