How + Why to Incorporate Deep Sleep Pillow Spray into Your Nighttime Routine
We all know the wonderful feeling of waking up rested after a good night’s sleep. Your energy levels are up and you feel as though you can take on whatever the day has in store. Sleep is vital to our health, and along with a nutritious diet and active exercise routine, rounds out healthy lifestyle goals. But what if sleep doesn’t come easy to you, and you can’t remember when you woke up well-rested? Well, you're not alone. Around 50-70 million Americans are dealing with some sort of sleep-related issue, such as having trouble falling asleep, not getting enough sleep, and even bouts of insomnia.
What if there was something simple and natural that you could add to your nightly wind down routine that might help you get the sleep you need? If you haven't yet heard of deep sleep pillow sprays keep reading, because we’re going to investigate:
- What a deep sleep pillow spray is
- When to use a deep sleep pillow spray
- Why include a deep sleep pillow spray to your routine
- How to incorporate a deep sleep pillow spray
What is a Deep Sleep Pillow Spray?
Have you heard of a pillow spray?
Sleep can sometimes be elusive, and many people struggle to get at least seven hours of good, restful sleep at night. This can be caused by a variety of factors--stress, workload, distractions such as phones, anxiety, pain, medications, or other underlying conditions. The fact is a lot of people feel that they have trouble winding down from a long day of work or caring for their families, and there just isn’t enough time for sleep! Instead of enlisting the help of prescription sleep aids that can come with the potential for negative side effects, why not instead turn to the natural help of a pillow spray?
A relaxing pillow spray may help with some of the root causes of lack of sleep, such as anxiety, worry, and even pain. Taking it before bed may help you wind down, allowing both your mind and body to destress and prepare for sleep. One of the most effective ways to ensure you’re preparing yourself for bed and promoting a sense of relaxation in your bedroom is to enlist the help of a pillow spray.
A deep sleep spray is a spritzer bottle that includes calming ingredients such as lavender or chamomile. It is designed to be used in the bedroom as you’re engaging in your nighttime routine, so that you have the opportunity to breathe in the wonderful aroma and allow it to go to work. Once you’ve sprayed your pillow and linens, all that’s left to do is to lay back and let the soothing ingredients help you to relax, unwind, and fall asleep.
When Do You Use a Deep Sleep Pillow Spray?
How do you know when to use a deep sleep pillow spray?
The best time to use a deep sleep spray is if you find yourself having trouble getting into a good bedtime routine and falling asleep. As we mentioned earlier, this can occur for a variety of different reasons. If you’re ready to start getting better sleep and waking up feeling refreshed, you should definitely include a deep sleep spray at night. But did you know there are some additional changes you can make to help improve your sleeping environment?
- Limit caffeine, and alcohol. Stimulants such as caffeine taken too close to bedtime have the tendency to keep you up. Although you may find that alcohol can make you drowsy, it also leads to more awakenings at night and a reduction in sleep quality.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable. This means limit the light with good curtains (or an eye mask), ensure that your bed and pillows are comfortable, the temperature is cool, and that noises are eliminated by ear plugs or a white noise machine.
- Limit screen time. Our phones are always with us, but it’s a good idea to put your phone or tablet down at least 30 minutes before bed. The blue light not only strains our eyes, but limits the production of melatonin, which is essential for sleep.
- Establish a pre-sleep routine. Getting into a routine before bed helps your body (and brain) know that it’s time to wind down. Many people choose to have a calming cup of tea, read, meditate, and even spray their sheets and pillows with a deep sleep spray!
These are just some basic suggestions that might make a difference when it comes to getting better sleep at night. We like routines during the daytime, so what makes the nighttime any different?
Why Include a Deep Sleep Pillow Spray into Your Nighttime Routine?
The benefits of including a deep sleep pillow spray
Now we know what a pillow spray is and when to use it, let’s delve into why you should include a sleep mist before bedtime if you’re not getting the sleep you need. Because pillow sprays have been shown to help promote a sense of relaxation, it makes it a wonderful accompaniment when you wind down each night. A deep sleep pillow spray is typically made with soothing ingredients. Some of the benefits of using a pillow spray include:
- The smell is amazing. Imagine how wonderful a pillow spray with lavender, chamomile, or sandalwood would smell as you drift off to sleep.
- Very easy to use. Each night just add a few spritzes to your linens and pillows in order to get the best results.
- Works throughout the night. Since the ingredients have been sprayed on your linens, you’ll enjoy the aroma and the effects throughout the night--even if you move around in your sleep!
- No grogginess. After a great night’s sleep, you’ll wake up feeling refreshed and ready, with none of the grogginess that can accompany other sleep aids. Instead you’ll feel energized and prepared to take on the day.
How You Can Include a Deep Sleep Pillow Spray in Your Nightly Wind Down
It’s easy to include a pillow spray at night
A pillow mist is a great addition to your pre-sleep routine. If you’re ready to start on the path towards restful sleep, consider picking up Seventh Sense’s Relaxing Pillow Spray. This spray is made with lavender, chamomile, and green tea oils to promote relaxation and prepare the mind and body for rest. It’s conveniently in a 4oz size that would fit perfectly on a nightstand or a drawer to encourage nightly use. It’s size also makes it ideal for traveling, so that no matter where you find yourself, you can always ensure that with just a few sprays you’ll be relaxing and reading for rest. Just lightly mist your pillows and linens each night and inhale the wonderful scent as you drift off to sleep.
Pillow sprays are a wonderful way to help you wind down and prepare for a restful sleep. Using them nightly allows you to slow down, inhale the relaxing aromas, and drift off to sleep.