If you’re looking to add a CBD product to your lifestyle, you’ve probably come across a variety of different options to choose from such as tinctures, oils, creams, balms, and even gummies. While all of these are great choices, if you’d like a quick way to find relief from pain, anxiety, and lack of sleep, consider picking up a fast acting CBD tincture. One of the most popular methods of using CBD is through use of a tincture--but what are they exactly? And how do you know if using a tincture is the right method for you? In this article we’re going to get to know a little more about CBD tinctures, including:
- What is a CBD tincture?
- How do you use a CBD tincture?
- Why are tinctures different from other ingestibles?
- The benefits of using a CBD tincture
What is a CBD Tincture?
What exactly is in those dropper bottles?
Although available in many forms, CBD as a tincture in a dropper bottle is still not only one of the most recognizable forms, but a very popular method of consumption. Chances are if you’re on the market for a CBD product you’ve seen the typically brown glass bottles with a rubber top that’s attached to a dropper.
CBD tinctures can also contain additional flavorings (such as mint, citrus, or lavender) that are added to improve the taste of the original tincture. Some tincture producers may also choose to include ingredients such as melatonin if the tincture is going to be used specifically for improving sleep quality. The tinctures will then be bottled according to the strength of CBD that they offer, from the lower end of 500mg per bottle to the higher end such as 1,500mg per bottle. Depending on what you’d like to use CBD for, you will choose a strength that’s appropriate to your needs.
Have a sore joint or muscle that bothers you frequently? You might want to start with a middle of the road 1,000mg CBD tincture and see if that can help you find some relief. Need a little help with anxiety throughout the day? You might find that a 500mg CBD tincture can help you feel more relaxed and calm. What strength of CBD tincture you use depends on how your body reacts to the CBD, as everyone responds differently.
How Do You Use a CBD Tincture?
How to get the most out of your CBD tincture
No matter what strength of CBD tincture you’ve decided to use, you can administer them all the same way.
- First shake the bottle a little to ensure it is properly mixed.
- Use the dropper to measure out your dose. With a CBD tincture it’s easy to get the correct dose, which is typically one squeeze with the dropper (you can always do more or less). Should you find that you need additional amounts later on, you can repeat the same process.
- Administer the liquid under your tongue and hold it there for at least 30 seconds. This will give your mucous membranes enough time to absorb the CBD tincture so that it can get to your bloodstream. After 30 seconds swallow what is left of the dose.
One of the many benefits of taking a CBD tincture in this way is that it is fast-acting, and you’ll feel the effects sooner than you might with other CBD products such as a gummy. After taking your first dose, evaluate how you feel after 1-2 hours. If you don’t feel the desired effects, you can always repeat the process until you find what works for your body.
You can also choose to put your tincture into your favorite beverage as well. Simply administer a dose and drink your beverage as you normally would. If you choose to use your CBD tincture this way, just understand that it may take a little longer to feel the effects, since the CBD will have to go through your digestive system first.
Why are Tinctures Different from Other Ingestibles?
Why use a dropper for CBD as opposed to a gummy or mint?
CBD tinctures are a great way to experience the effects of CBD quickly. When you place them under your tongue, they are able to enter the bloodstream quickly and get to work fast. Unlike gummies or mints, tinctures do not need to go through your digestive tract in order to reach your bloodstream. The fact that they act so quickly is a major reason many people choose to get their CBD in this manner.
If you’re experiencing a lot of pain, a CBD tincture could be the quickest way to help you find some relief. The same can be said if you find yourself stressed and anxious, and need help calming down. Taking a tincture is a fast way to help you relax, quiet your mind, and de-stress, so that you can get on with the rest of your day.
Why Should You Use a CBD Tincture?
What are the benefits of a CBD tincture?
CBD tinctures offer many benefits, which is why they’re such a popular choice. Image courtesy of Seventh Sense.
With all kinds of CBD products to choose from, why go with a tincture? Well, there are many benefits to using this method of CBD consumption:
- Easy to use. CBD tinctures are a convenient way to include CBD into your daily routine. Whether you take them first thing in the morning to help with pain or anxiety, or right before bed to help get more restful sleep. It’s easy to get the dose that you need each time, and there’s no clean up after you’ve taken it.
- Are easily absorbed. Because you administer tinctures underneath the tongue, they are absorbed directly into the bloodstream through the mucous membranes. This allows you to feel the effects quicker, so you can find relief from pain or enjoy a sense of calm sooner than with other methods.
- High bioavailability. Once the CBD enters the bloodstream, your body is able to absorb and utilize more of the CBD when it is administered as a tincture under the tongue. This may help you use a lower dose and still get the same relief you need.
If you’d like to try out a tincture, we recommend Seventh Sense’s Bliss 1,000mg CBD Drops. This CBD tincture is made with 100% hemp-derived broad spectrum CBD, which means that it includes all the natural hemp plant compounds and cannabinoids, minus the THC. Broad spectrum hemp is a great option because you get all the benefits of CBD and other natural compounds with absolutely no THC.
This 1,000mg CBD tincture is designed to bring relief from pain and anxiety, and help you feel more balanced so that you can get back to living your best life.
If you’re looking for a fast acting and effective way to include CBD into your regimen, consider picking up a tincture!